
The front yard looked like a battle ground when we woke up Tuesday morning. I was expecting the pine trees to drop much larger branches.

Because I was stuck at work for a week, B had to clean up all by himself.

This is what much of Baton Rouge looks like right now. This tree blocked Terrace on the other side of Eugene. Luckily it didn't hit the brick house, which has been under renovation for months!

People in the Garden District put the median to good use... stacking debris there. Right now, less than 60% of the city has power, and it's been one week since Gustav hit. Thankfully, we got power back after four days. Many people are still in the dark, including some friends who live right down the street. The storm did more damage here than people thought it would. I'm happy we came out unscathed!

1 comment:
Wow! You all are so blessed. I pray that Ike stays far away. I imagine that your life is hectic right now. Can't believe you two endured such a catastrophe - and you just bought that house! Wow, that is all that I can say!
Ali
Post a Comment