We finally made it to IKEA Houston to buy the rest of our furniture for the house. It was fabulous! I couldn't convince B to have lunch there, but we made do with tasty Blizzards from DQ :)

Even the Happiest Place on Earth got some damage from Hurricane Ike.

We got two dressers for our bedroom, a new bed frame, a TV stand (for the new flatscreen B is salivating over) and a new desk for the office.
I even managed to control my impulsive buying when we got to the market!
Four hours each way + 2 1/2 hours shopping = a very long day!
So many pieces, so little time.

Brent did most of the work, but I helped put the dresser drawers together. I'll post pictures of how it came together once we get some more decorations!

5 comments:
Put that boy to work!
IKEA...truly the happiest place on earth. Can't wait to see everything put together.
Enjoy your first Christmas together! :)
Heather
I have been waiting for this post! I need to get over there and see everything! Miss you guys...
I want to see the finished rooms :-)
If I had known the day included a lunch of Blizzards - I would have gone! :)
Post a Comment