Sunday, May 25, 2008

Welcome to the jungle!

We do not have fun and games. B and I spent more than two hours doing yardwork today. Oh, the joys of being homeowners. We learned an important lesson-- don't let your grass grow too high or it is a pain in the butt to cut! And it will take over your lovely brick walkway.



You can see the pain in B's face. He is not a happy camper. We finally borrowed a friend's lawnmower so we don't earn a bad reputation among the neighbors. We have a free one on the way, but it will be a couple weeks before we can put it to use. This one did a fine job, though. And we had something to look forward to after all the hard work:


I bought two rocking chairs for the front porch as my wedding gift to B. And we spruced it up with two hanging plants! Now we can sit outside and watch the other new kids on the block move in across the street :)

5 comments:

Miss Linda said...

Did you get to keep the hydrangea's?

Csquared said...

The chairs look good! :)

Alyssa said...

Drove by today. It is even prettier in person!!! I am so happy for you guys.

Alyssa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly said...

They left one hydrangea. It was under the pergola, so we moved it to the patio. I can't wait until it blooms!