I don't know if it's the new year, the fact that I spent two days on the couch with strep throat, or a slight feeling of annoyance that we've lived here more than 6 months and it still doesn't feel like home... but we were super productive this weekend! I woke up early both days (9 a.m. counts as early for me on the weekends!) and worked non-stop until the sun went down. My main goal was to organize the guest room so people can actually come over and sleep in it. While it's still not stylish or pretty, the bed is made and I can find what I'm looking for.

Eventually, I'd like to get a different frame. But this will work for now.

Meanwhile, B got busy cleaning out the garage. He wanted some more room to exercise (while it's cool), and we never got a chance to scrub it down when we moved in.

He emptied the entire garage, hosed it down and swept out all the bugs and dirt. Now, I don't have to worry about spiders or roaches (or worse!) when I'm out there looking for things.

Eventually, I'd like to get a different frame. But this will work for now.

Meanwhile, B got busy cleaning out the garage. He wanted some more room to exercise (while it's cool), and we never got a chance to scrub it down when we moved in.

He emptied the entire garage, hosed it down and swept out all the bugs and dirt. Now, I don't have to worry about spiders or roaches (or worse!) when I'm out there looking for things.
We can even fit my car inside! There's not enough room on the sides to do this frequently, but it's good to know it's possible if there's a storm coming.

If only we had this much space inside the house!
In addition to organizing the guest room and garage, I also dusted, swept and mopped the entire house. It hasn't been this clean since before Christmas! I love it. Next on my list is some homemade art for the living room. I'll keep you posted on the progress!


2 comments:
Looking good!
Looks great! Call me when you do your art. I am considering doing some art for my bedroom. Have you ever covered canvas with fabric?
Post a Comment